Tuesday, September 17, 2013

A new angle perhaps?

Recently I have been engaged in reading some novels that are a tad darker than what I normally read..but a very interesting verse or line came to me that really touched something in me.

It is as follows:

"In Pain, there is life,
In darkness, strength immeasurable!"

It really appealed to me in relation to the things and events that one goes through on a daily basis in life. We generally tend to stay away from things that would hurt us immediately and/or even people for that matter. 

Now...feeling pain is one way of knowing that one is alive too. It would depend on perspective on how one interprets it, and here is one way of that, you are welcome to share your views if you agree/disagree.

Now what is pain..pain is a sensation that we feel in our brain, as an example, recently having to go to the gym regularly ensures I have to feel pain on a regular basis, but you have to conquer the pain and condition your mind to it. You accept the pain and it doesn't hurt anymore, you turn a negative into a positive. Accepting the pain is the hardest part though, you have to simply grit your teeth and take it and try and wrap your mindset around the fact that it will hurt less the next time and you are growing stronger. 

Same thinking, you can take two views, take the pain and use it as a reminder of what it is and what it represents and the second one is more spiteful, you not only accept it but wallow in it, relish the pain and remember every iota of it, so that you can light a fire of hate/spite/pride whatever you want to call it within yourself and use that to build yourself back..but the point is to never give in to the pain. It is all in the mind. Within your own mind, and what is inside can be conquered...although effort is required, a lot of effort and training of the mind. but most definitely it can be done. 

The second path is easier to follow at first but as you go along the path..it becomes harder and harder...but minds can be conditioned and shut off to outside influences, all you have to do is kill the inner voice that tells you otherwise..and all will be well! And it will die.. as you go along, you lose the voice..and there is only one voice that comes and sings in your ears..reminds you of what must be done and guides you through it all, makes you welcome the pain, take it on as a friend, and make it yours..until your time comes....and it comes...it always does..



Further addition.(due to popular opinion)
Hmm..perhaps I should explain my point of view more in detail now…Riya raises a very good point about emotional and physical pain being two very different points…but on both aspects there is a common point…its all a feeling that is stimulated in our brains. I think though that they are both transferable, as in one grows into the other. Ever felt an emotional pain that hurt so much that it seemed and felt physical?? I am sure people can relate to that…although I pray that you never do! And vice versa, a physical act that would translate to emotional pain, both instances are possible if one can think that far.

But pain as a general entity can be something that one can learn from and try and take strength from rather than repel. Let me give you an example of what I had in mind, the red Indians had initiation exercises for their braves in which they would have huge tests of endurance and strength and that included scarring, but as a man passed through it, they would fail but the ones that went through it, became stronger and stronger. The iron will that one possesses can override the pain, now imagine instead of ignoring the pain, you accept it and revel in it. I am currently searching for words to better describe it…lets say the pain reminds you that you are alive..and makes you cling onto life even more so. I hope that makes sense.

Now the second point of view that I was trying to portray isn’t one that I agree with. But it is there, that point of view is what occurred to me when I saw some documentaries on Al-Jazeerah about children in Palestine. Who have everything snatched from them, they have nothing to live for except their hatred. They live only to feel that emotion and that’s what governs their lives. Its what drives them to take another breath, its what makes them move in everyday life. Against such hate what does one do? This is the same kind of hate that is prevalent in our present day Pakistan as well. To be able to combat it, you must first understand it. And this is what I think it might be like. To have a soul hollowed out from the inside completely and you have nothing but a doctrine of hatred to drive yourself from on.

And this view can sort of be also seen in the Quran and in the study of Sufism..your conscience dies out..the inner voice that guides you..and then one has no way to discern right from wrong...in the sense of society..its more disturbing to see that its always students who are well educated that are falling into that category..they are the ones that are always responding to this sort of thinking...I will comment more on this in the future..but I think I have cleared my point at this point to some extent..opinions are always welcome!

And my interest in this only from a argumentative point of view, nothing personal. I would never have that much hatred towards anyone, as long as I have a shred of faith in me, I would never be like that.Rest assured. No one need fear for my sanity.But your concern is noted and acknowledged.

No comments:

Post a Comment