Was watching a programme about religion today from Pakistan and it raised quite a few questions...besides the one that TV actually existed in my home and I havn't been able to access that medium due to work..but anyways..coming to the point..I missed some part of it ..but the end point was very interesting that Faith..personal Faith is actually the journey that is undertaken by every person throughout his/her life to achieve the truth in life.It is the quest for truth and that thirst is only quenched by religion itself.
But the opposing question to it was how do you believe what is right or what is wrong. For instance, we usually have the notion/habit of believing a person on face value after we see him/her talk the facts..hmm let me try and rephrase..if I continue to talk sense all the time and reference everything with facts..at some point and time..ppl will begin to believe what I say...I "automatically make sense"...and then I sort of become the authority on whatever topic I like to be talking about..in that situation coming to pass..how does one distinguish if I am right or wrong...a person's thinking or opinion towards me is already won in my favour..hence they wouldn't question my current talk or topic..even though it might well be incorrect...that was a very interesting point..
Hence it was said that for us Muslims we have the Holy Book, The Quran to keep in mind all the time, and although we might respect and revere a person we must remember that anything relating to faith and religion is required to be passed through the guidelines which are already set.
I personally believe, that faith is a very personal thing..it is something close to a person's heart and he/she must do what is close to them...everyone has a different expression of their faith...some keep it private some not...some pray all the time, some don't...some forego the world, some don't...I don't think its appropriate for ppl to judge others on their faith...that is something beyond our means to judge..for instance..someone who helps others continuously and doesn't pray..and someone who prays continuously and stays away from everyone..both are praising God in their own way....
it is such a shame to see people deface the name of religion and faith by committing heinous crimes against the very humanity that religion is there to guide.
How does one cure that....I wonder I wonder...I don't think it is possible to do so...or rather the only way that is open is to explore faith even more...and not worry about others and their faith...but then we couldn't be human..we have envy..greed ..anger...and we can't just ignore them...we can "temporarily suppress" them..but I don't think we can completely get rid of them, unless with divine help...
ahh I wander from my intended purpose..Faith is the journey undertaken by every human to find the truth about himself/herself.
But how many actually want to know?
No comments:
Post a Comment