After blabbing and blustering my way through conversation after conversation, I finally had summoned up the courage to ask her to have dinner with me. it was no no easy business, she made very sure that I was asking her out and didn't let me off the hook easily, keeping a poker face throughout the conversation while I blustered and finally was able to give in and ask her out on her terms, she favored me with her best smile, which lit up the day and a casual flick of the hand that thrust back a strand of hair that dared to intrude upon her face and made me realize that sometimes, its better to give in than be uptight and flustered even in that approach!
So I made a conscious effort to make an impression or rather to impress and thus waited patiently for her to arrive..and what an arrival!! a simple dress it was supposed to be..but on her..nah uh...far from it...it fitted her form sublimely and she glided in as confident as ever, legs scissoring in front of the other in a soft and slow measured manner, that gave the impression she was gliding on air and not walking like us mere mortals, every step caused no sound or tremor, yet one could feel her presence drawing nearer,as she saw me, she once again beamed her huge smile. and then looking at me in the light, her eyes registered a bit of shock by spreading wide and then acceptance by mellowing immediately after.
The dress did little to add to her beauty, but she made the dress look fabulous in return, it was revealing and yet classy, she didn't look desperate or vulgar, it suited her fine. But who could be bothered even looking down when you could drown in those pools of brown that seemed to shine in the candlelight.
So as I rose to take her soft hand in mine to guide her to the table, she commented on how beautiful everything was, and all I could do was echo her, so thinking I was agreeing with her she continues and mentions that there is something special tonight that she hasn't seen before over here, and before I could bite my tongue off, it slipped out of my mouth...I blurted out, its the radiance from the company I have, just like a rainbow makes the sky even more beautiful, you make the place far more enchanting and peaceful.
I wasn't sure for a sec whether she would glare at me or accept what I said, but then a mischievous smile played on her lips and she inquired whether I was always so smooth, to which I replied only when I am hungry. And so I escorted her to the table, and we made small talk, about life, ambition, jobs, education, hobbies, I absent mindedly placed my hand on my glass and then suddenly I felt a feather touch as her hand reached for the same glass and came to rest on the back of my palm...the sensation at that point was like a wildfire that roars but doesn't burn, both of us gazed at our hands, and she kept hers there for a while before shyly retreating it into her lap...and blushing slightly...the darker hue very apparent on her light cheeks..her gaze dropping down as well..I was breathing very lowly at this point..not wanting to spoil this moment and to treasure it for all eternity in the safe of my memory, and instead I gazed at her lowered eyelids, the delicate lids peaked with luscious eyelashes that seemed to sweep the air with such grace and so heavy that they seemed to weight the delicate lids down themselves. As I noticed the little veins that were there....suddenly the lids flicked open and she turned her full gaze on me...her beautiful large eyes gazed up at me....and I could say no more.............time stood still
No comments:
Post a Comment