Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Fear or Love?

I think a lot of ppl would agree with me when I say that whenever I go to a mosque to hear a sermon, all the Maulana talks about how much punishment for this and how much punishment for that...which is all well and good..but I always read that the person you love the most is the one whose anger you shrink away from the most...all we are taught about the fear of God...but never the love of God...that seems very contradictory for me....it seems only by fear can we be ruled..whereas the power of love is far far greater in bringing over ppl and keeping them there...I just wish that some of these old fashioned maulanas would realise that and try and change their preaching to something that resembles my point. I am sure there would be a lot more ppl embracing their religion instead of just listening to someone seemingly rambling on.

And Allah Himself says "I love every child even more than its mother" and also "I am closer to him than his own life vein(in urdu its called Shayrag) (the main artery in the neck)

I am just very very frustrated by the continuous rhetoric of hell fire and the various punishments, but whats wrong in trying a different tact...I just dont understand that where is all this resentment coming from in the Imams, they are supposed to be kind and anger isn't allowed in Islam and yet at times its all too easy for someone to simply divert that point of punishment to hatred towards another religion, which is very wrong and yet also extremely easy to do. Instead of co existing, we start judging and with judging there is a verdict...and with verdict comes retribution...totally unnecessary...should live and let live.Should learn to love your fellow man...we are humans first and then Muslims. By truly following our religion we become what we were supposed to be, true human beings, with compassion for the weak, generosity for the poor, love for our fellow beings...

a bit more tenderness wouldn't go astray, instead of being a hardline good or bad theory applying to everything, life isn't black and white so why should the interpretation of our religion be any different, there are concessions for exceptional circumstances, but I never hear Imams mention it, its something that slips their mind....instead using terror and punishment to inspire ppl to join the ranks..hardly see how that is conducive..would you rather be forced to do something out of fear than do it out of love?

No comments:

Post a Comment